Wednesday, 2 April 2014

SLOG # 10:

   At the beginning of this week, we discussed on why objects such as a list cannot be stored as key values of a dictionary. When {[1, 2]: 1} for instance was to be tested in the python shell, it will return an error saying list is unhashable type. Python dictionaries use objects that are hashable as key values to avoid mutability of a mutable object, so errors will not occur. Hashable object is defined to be an object that never changes and can be compared to other objects. Since mutable objects such as lists do not have the characteristics of a hashable object, then these objects cannot be used as key values for a dictionary.

   On Wednesday, our prof spends a lecture wrapping up the main key concepts we needed to know for the exam. Concepts such as object oriented programming, abstract data type, inheritance, raise exception, try and except exceptions, unittest, recursion, binary tree, linked list, and run time analysis were covered as topics to review for the exam. During the lecture we discussed on each of these topics based on how they were relevant to programming and how they were used in python programming. Also, our prof explained the format of the exam paper as well as what to do and not to do. Up to this point, the course is pretty much finished except for the final exam. Although we had spent large amount of time analyzing algorithms, I still require more practice to fully grasp the concept of analyzing algorithms. Throughout this semester, I gained better understanding on many computing techniques that I am inexperienced at the beginning of this year. With the time left until the final exam, I will review all of the concepts I learned in this course and re-attempt questions appeared on tests and labs to prepare for the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment